Jim and Bonny

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

REMINISCING!!

I borrowed this picture of "Bonny & Bruce" from my Dad. It has been moved around the house from table to table, since the day it was taken. I always remember it being "somewhere"! Bruce is about 6 months old and that would make me 3 years. I am wearing a dress sewed by my Mom and matching ribbons in my hair made by her also. She would look at the Sears Catolog and find a dress she liked, make a pattern and sew it for me. I received my first boughten dress for my 13th birthday. I was so excited but soon realized the homemade ones were much superior. She also sewed my winter coats. She used the wool from an old coat or suit and sometimes splurged and bought some new fur for the collar. She was a wonderful seamstress and the garments turned out to be gorgeous. My favorite was the charcoal gray coat with the pink "poodle fur" collar! Those were the good old days before disposable "everything"! Sigh!
What great memories to pass on to my Grandchildren!